Wednesday 17 February 2010

Pin-up tattoos and ukuleles.






These images are all from a pin-up blog I found....I'm sorry I can't remember the exact address! I have always loved pin-up tattoos - especially sailors and pirate girls, there's a lovely old man named 'Leggy' who lives a few streets down from me with boobs out pin-ups all up and down his arms and I think he looks pretty awesome. (He also drives around in a beat up pick-up truck and owns about 24 dogs - a real character). My favourite is the very top one, a beautiful lady tattooed on a lady! I love the irony of pin-up girls tattooed on women - I wish I was brave enough! 

Now for the ukuleles... I had what was possibly the best dream of my life last night. In it I learnt how to play the song 'Louie Louie' - Toots and the Maytals version - on my brothers ukulele and decided it was a wise idea to play (and sing) it at a pub in town... in my dream this didn't go down to well with my friends. I then decided to play 'I Fought the Law...' by The Clash and dance around pretty manically to cheer them up. It didn't work so they took to ingesting large qualities of illegal substances. We then all wandered along to Aspire, me carting along the ukulele - wheedled our way past the bouncers then proceeded to get kicked out. Words can't describe what an amazing dream it was. Fear and Loathing in Thirsk. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. ukuleles canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. eastman trumpet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! bc acoustic guitar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. squire affinity strat

    ReplyDelete